Tuition and Policies
Registration and Costume Fees
- The Registration Fee of $25.00 is assessed annually and is used to cover the costs of overhead, including enrollment, insurance, and music licensing, etc.. For each additional family member, the fee will be $20.00.
- The costume fee will be charged when the costumes have been ordered. Payment for costumes is due in full at that time. Once a costume has been ordered, there will be no refund if the student drops the class or does not attend the recital. Costumes typically cost between $35 and $50. Students not planning to perform in the recital must notify the office in writing prior to January 15th - or accounts will be charged for costumes.
- In addition to recital costumes, other costs include regulation dancewear for each class and recital tickets in June. Recital tickets help defray the cost of the SWHS Auditorium rental, the Stage Manager, the Lighting and Sound Technicians and studio operating costs over the summer. Recital tickets (expected cost $15.00) may be purchased from the office or at the auditorium. Dancers wishing to attend the performance will need to purchase a ticket.
- All fees, including June tuition and recital costumes, must be paid by June 1st.
Tuition Schedules - based on hours of class per family account per week
|Class Time Per Week||Tuition Per Week|
| 45 minutes||$12.50|
| 1 hour||$16.50|
| 1-1/2 hours ||$23.25|
| 2 hours||$30.00|
| 2-1/2 hours||$36.25|
| 3 hours||$42.50|
| 3-1/2 hours||$48.75|
| 4 hours||$55.00|
| 5 hours||$67.50|
| 5-1/2 hours||$73.75|
| 6 hours||$78.75|
| 6-1/2 hours||$83.75|
| 7 hours||$88.75|
| 7-1/2 hours||$93.75|
| 8 hours||$98.75|
| 8-1/2 hours||$103.75|
| 9 hours||$108.75|
| 9-1/2 hours||$113.75|
| 10 hours||$117.75|
| 10-1/2 hours||$121.75|
And so on... Back to Top
Payments, Billing, Discounts, Fees
- Adults (19+) receive a 10% discount on monthly tuition.
- Seniors (65+) receive a 15% discount on monthly tuition and drop in rate.
- Whidbey Island Dance Theatre Alumni receive a 20% discount on monthly tuition and drop in rate.
- Annual payment receives a 5% discount if paid by cash or check only prior to Sept. 13th. Annual payment by credit card does not receive a discount.
- Monthly payments are due on the first of each month. If payment has not been received by the tenth of the month, a $20.00 late fee will be applied to the account per month.
- Island Dance will email statements if an email address is provided. It is the customer's responsibility to pay tuition by the 10th of the month even if a statement is not received.
- $30.00 will be charged for each NSF check.
- Payment may be by check, Visa, MasterCard or Cash. We now also take Discover Card! Cash payments will be receipted and must be exact change. Please be sure to keep your receipt in case it is necessary to document your payment.
- Students whose accounts are two months in arrears will not be able to continue to take class unless payment arrangements have been made.
- Accounts more than two months in arrears that have not made payment arrangements will be turned over to collections.
- Private & Semi-Private Lessons - please arrange these with the office.
Enrollment, Absences, Withdrawal and Class Cancellations
- If enrollment drops below three students, the class may be combined with another or may be discontinued. If the class is discontinued, tuition paid in advance will be refunded.
- Refunds will not be issued for missed classes, except in unusual circumstances such as an extended illness. Absence make-up cards may NOT be used to pay for regular class tuition and MUST be used within one month of the date of absence. Annual tuition paid in advance will not be refunded. Missed classes may be made up in alternate classes of the same level or below by calling the office for special placement. If the student is unable to do a make-up or if it is too late in the year to provide a make-up card due to the approaching recital, the make-up card may be disallowed or may be used in the summer session, providing the student is enrolled in at least one summer class; however, the make-up card may not be used as partial payment for the summer class.
- The Studio Office must be notified prior to a missed class if credit is requested or to receive a make-up card.
- Students may take a leave of absence (two weeks or more). Studio must be notified in writing two weeks prior to the leave or tuition will be charged.
- Notice of withdrawal must be submitted in writing two weeks in advance; otherwise, tuition will be due for the next month. This written notice must be given to the office (not to the instructor).
- Classes may be canceled due to adverse weather conditions and may not be refunded or rescheduled. This applies to snow days, power outages or during school closures. Students are welcome to make up these classes .
Personal accident insurance is the responsibility of each student and is recommended. Island Dance, faculty and staff, will not be held responsible for any injury. Customers are required to read and sign the disclaimer on the back of the registration form.
Photographs taken of students may be used for Island Dance & Gymnastics promotion and advertisement.
Island Dance is not responsible for personal property left in the facility.
Students are expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times. If this does not occur, students may be asked to leave the premises. In extreme circumstances, students may be asked to withdraw from classes.
No street shoes, food or gum are allowed in the studios.